Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Welcome to the Auction...

Greetings friends and strangers! You have stumbled across my first ever internet auction...a fundraising opportunity for a trip I will be participating in over the Christmas holidays - 2006. I will be - hold your breath - CHAPERONING a highschool group from a local high school of almost 30 students. I know, I know...CRAZINESS! I have been volunteering at HDCH for over a year now, and this is a great opportunity to connect with the kids.
Instead of flat-out asking for money (something I have never really mastered) I thought I'd get a little creative with it...scary thought! What's on the block you might be asking? ME! Another scary thought...before you let your imagination wander, let me explain. I was looking over my mad skills and upcoming Christmas schedule and wondering how I could raise my money before Christmas. I know Christmas is an expensive time for most people with gift-giving and other charities in need of donations, so I got this crazy idea of donating my time - maybe tie it in with a Christmas gift or something. Not to mention that donations over $50 receive tax receipts. That way people wouldn't feel like they were dishing out a heap of money around Christmas and actually getting something in return! So this could totally flop or be an overnite success...either way, I hope you get as good a laugh as I did putting this together!!!
This is a guilt-free site, so please feel free to peruse the market...if you find something that interests you and would like to bid, please post a comment underneath the item with your name and phone#. If the post is marked "unlimited item", that means there is more than one available and you will pay the rate listed. If the post has "highest offer", a bidding war will ensue! All bids will close December 15, 2006. Have fun...thanx for visiting and a Merry Christmas to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home